The Whitehall City School District is committed to the health and safety of our students and staff as we navigate the threats of the COVID-19 world wide pandemic. Social distancing is a strategy that brings with it some very difficult but necessary decisions. At the advice of our Governor and health experts we will take the following action to eliminate unnecessary risk. The following items will begin immediately and continue through at least Spring Break.(April 10-17);
- All non essential field trips are cancelled or postponed.
- All indoor extracurricular or interscholastic activities that bring a large gathering are cancelled or postponed.
- All facility rentals are being cancelled.
- Outdoor interscholastic will continue as normal and may practice indoors during inclimate weather.
- Extra-curricular after school practice will continue as normal.
- Employees will not attend conferences or out of district professional development.
The pandemic is very fluid and guidance is likely to change rapidly. If it is determined that the best course of action is to close school, all activities will be suspended.