Every student deserves a chance to reach their full potential and achieve social and economic mobility. “Grit” - the ability and tenacity to overcome obstacles on the way to achieving goals, is a crucial trait needed to perform at one’s best. Some students possess both grit and a desire to do something great, but need help with how to actualize their dreams. Other students may need help unlocking and finding their inner grit.
The Legacy Project helps both student types through a nurturing community of coaches and exposure to experiential learning, while building a roadmap toward realization of their educational and career goals.
Key elements of The Legacy Project include, but are not limited to:
- Opportunity to receive tuition toward post-secondary learning experiences up to $20,000 over the full term of the program
- Individualized coaching
- Individual goal setting and working toward achieving these goals
- Digital portfolio in preparation for post-secondary education and life pursuits
- Annual Root Camp experience
- Quarterly Incubator Lab to meet and interact with various entrepreneurs
- Community service and career exposure experiences
- Community mentors
- College campus experience
The Legacy Project is administered by The Hagedorn Legacy Foundation with funding provided by The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and The Hagedorn Legacy Foundation. Program partners include The Keenan Center for Entrepreneurship at The Ohio State University, The Mayerson Academy in Cincinnati, Huntington National Bank and Metro Institute of Technology.