In November of 2018, the Whitehall community voted in favor of our combined bond and permanent improvement levy. We want to thank you for your support and want to let you know we take your confidence in us very seriously.
As a refresher, here are some of the things that are forthcoming as a result of the levy:
- Add classroom space at Rosemore and renovate space at WYHS
- Replace antiquated heating systems, installing AC, and improve security at Kae North and the Walter Armes Learning Center
- Preserve storied athletic programs and traditions
- Meet a growing student body’s technological needs
We are very excited to share with you on this page our progress of the things we have promised when asking for your vote. We will share updates and photos on this page as we progress so be sure to visit often!
April 2019 update
We are proud to announce some of the things to come in the summer of 2019:
- New turf football field at Mike Ferguson Field (WYHS football stadium)
- New field house at Mike Ferguson Field to house athletes from multiple sports
- New tennis courts at WYHS
- New windows/doors and AC at Kae Avenue North (C. Ray Williams)
- New windows/doors in the Walter Armes Learning Center at WYHS
May 2019 update
Starting on May 13th, the had begun its renovation with the removal of the sod and the creation of a concrete barrier/curb around the inside of the track. Some of the dirt was then removed and what remained was leveled to prepare the ground for the drainage system that would be installed. The small light towers that were on the inside of the track were also removed.